What to do when the city gas alarm goes off
If the city gas alarm goes off, there may be a gas leak. Follow steps 1-3 below and contact Tokyo Gas immediately.
1. Open the windows as much as possible.
2. Close the gas taps on appliances and pipes.
* Gas taps without handles do not need to be adjusted.
3. Close the gas tap on the meter as well.
Exclusive phone for reporting gas leakages
For general inquires, call the Tokyo Gas Customer Center
- To prevent misdialing, please make sure you are calling the correct number.
- If you use a mobile phone, toll-free minutes and discounted services (including fixed amount calls, etc.) included in the basic fee will not apply (tolls will apply). Upon verifying the policy of the carrier that you contract, select the number that you wish to dial.
*Please only use the exclusive phone for reporting gas leakages in emergencies such as when you smell gas, etc. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
*Please use the FAX service if you have difficulty hearing or speaking.
- Do not use a lighter or matches or light any kind of flame.
- Do not touch the switches for lights, ventilation fans, etc. (a small spark is produced when these are turned on and off).
- If you smell the gas outside, close your doors and windows to prevent the gas from entering. Warn your neighbors if necessary and assist with evacuation.
- Move away from where you smell gas.