Securing Energy during Power OutageIf distributed power such as gas CHP is utilized, essential buildings in a community, such as hospitals and commercial facilities do not lose their functions even in a power outage.
Maintaining supply of electricity by the islanded operation of gas CHP
As the Smart Energy Network uses gas CHP, which is distributed power, electricity supply will continue during a power outage. During normal operation, the area within the Smart Energy Network receives the electric power both from electric utilities and from power generation by gas CHP. In case of a power outage, the gas CHP starts to supply electric power to the area covered by the Smart Energy Network by its islanded operation.
|〔Electric Utility during Normal Operation〕||〔Electric Utility during Power Outage〕|
Maintaining supply of electricity at disaster-prevention centers through the Smart Energy Network
Electric and thermal energy supplied by the islanded operation of gas CHP during an unexpected power outage can be mutually accommodated within the Smart Energy Network area.
Also, a group of power-generating devices is operated using Information Communication Technology (ICT) to achieve a highly reliable electric power supply system.
By making essential facilities such as hospitals and train stations more disaster-proof from the point of view of energy, our community can be more energy-secure.
〔Energy Supply to Essential Facilities by Smart Energy Network〕
- For the stable production of city gas
- Toward the safe and secure supply of energy
- Technology supporting town and a society
- Commercial and industrial sectors
- Smart Energy Network
- Energy Conservation and CO2 Reduction through Networked Area Energy Use
- Securing Energy during Power Outage
- Research and development of commercial kitchen appliances
- Analysis of convection and diffusion of exhaust gas from cogeneration
- Development of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Analysis Dealing with Combustion
- Ultrasonic gas meters for commercial and industrial use
- The high-efficiency oxygen generating device "HT-PSA"
- Electric and gas hybrid-type superheated steam generator
- Challenge for the future society