An Emergency Operations Support System – EAGLE 24In consideration of its mission as a town gas supplier, Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd. has been providing high-level security and safety that ranges from its manufacture and supply of gas to its emergency response.
With our emergency response unit, Gaslight 24, we remain ready 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist our customers in the prevention of town gas related accidents and to respond to emergency operations such as gas leaks.
The following section introduces the emergency response unit, Gaslight 24, together with EAGLE 24, a comprehensive system that supports the activities of Gaslight 24 and that realizes swift and accurate emergency security response.
Gaslight 24 provides a 24-7 reliable system prepared for every possible emergency situation from road gas pipes to customer gas appliances. We respond to emergencies from 49 different bases allocated within a supply area that is split into five blocks (with the exception of regional-branch areas).
|■Extensive coverage of our supply area, in five blocks and 49 locations
To properly ensure the comfortable lifestyle of our customers in cities,
we have established call-out bases in each district, covering the supply area
for Tokyo Gas. Should trouble arise, we can be on the scene without delay.
〔Location of emergency operation bases〕
|Security Command Center||Reception &
|★||As well as issuing a callout order and directions when notification is received of a gas leak or similar problem, this base acts as the Gaslight 24 nerve center, carrying out overall control and management of dispatch as well as work status conditions.|
|Gaslight 24||Integrated Base||■||A single callout center that carries out integrated management of the centers in the supply areas, which are split into five blocks, and provides support to the Security Command Center.
(5 bases within the supply area)
|Callout Base||■||A base at which staff normally required for callout are kept on standby in readiness for callout orders and directions from the Security Command Center
(11 bases within the supply area)
|Stand-by Base||●||A base at which staff required for callout are kept temporarily in readiness for callout orders and directions from the Security Command Center.
(33 bases within the supply area)
|〔Location of emergency operation bases〕||〔Emergency vehicles in operation 24 hours a day, 365 days a year〕|
By connecting the Security Command Center with emergency vehicles equipped with PCs, mobile phones, and vehicle navigation systems using the telephone, EAGLE 24 can realize the high level sharing and application of information. EAGLE 24 consolidates notifications of gas leaks, emergency call-out orders, and operational reports in order to ensure that safety and proper security measures are carried out in the shortest amount of time.
|〔A Security Command Center that issues call-out orders for emergency security operations〕||〔Operators confirm notification details and drawings using an onboard PC〕|
〔System Overview of EAGLE24〕
- For the stable production of city gas
- Toward the safe and secure supply of energy
- Evaluation of large deformation performance for gas pipeline
- FLEX Liner Method for Dealing with Aged Pipes
- Underground pipe exploration equipment
- Temporary backfill "Eco-balls "
- The low-cost governor "REGIT Series"
- Gas recovery technology for replacing gas meters
- An Emergency Operations Support System – EAGLE 24
- Advanced safety technology (gas leakage, diffusion, and explosion)
- Gas analysis technology
- Analysis technologies that support reassuring, safe and reliable gas services
- Ultrahigh Density Real Time Earthquake Disaster Prevention System - SUPREME
- Earthquake Information Dissemination System - SONAR
- Emergency Communication Host System (ECHO)
- Technology supporting town and a society
- Commercial and industrial sectors
- Challenge for the future society