Evaluation of large deformation performance for gas pipelineTokyo Gas evaluates the seismic performance of welded steel pipes, which are widely used in gas pipelines.
Because gas pipelines are buried underground, they may deformed as a result of ground motion when earthquakes cause soil liquefaction or other problems. For this reason, it is important to clarify the deformation behavior of gas pipelines and confirm whether they exhibit their designated seismic performance.
Evaluation of large deformation behavior for linepipe
We clarify the deformation behavior of straight pipe and bent pipe by full-scale testing and numerical simulation assuming a situation in which large ground motion is caused by soil liquefaction.
We can also predict the deformation behavior for a complicated gas piping system consisting of multiple curved pipes.
〔Evaluation of large deformation behavior for linepipe〕
|Ground motion caused by soil liquefaction|
|Deformation behavior simulation for gas pipes|
|Deformation behavior simulation for bent pipes||Deformation behavior simulation for straight pipes|
|Bending test for bent pipes||Bending test for straight pipes|
Going forward, we will continue working to advance the technology of structural integrity for gas pipeline with the aim of supplying gas to our customers safely in the future.
- For the stable production of city gas
- Toward the safe and secure supply of energy
- Evaluation of large deformation performance for gas pipeline
- FLEX Liner Method for Dealing with Aged Pipes
- Underground pipe exploration equipment
- Temporary backfill "Eco-balls "
- The low-cost governor "REGIT Series"
- Gas recovery technology for replacing gas meters
- An Emergency Operations Support System – EAGLE 24
- Advanced safety technology (gas leakage, diffusion, and explosion)
- Gas analysis technology
- Analysis technologies that support reassuring, safe and reliable gas services
- Ultrahigh Density Real Time Earthquake Disaster Prevention System - SUPREME
- Earthquake Information Dissemination System - SONAR
- Emergency Communication Host System (ECHO)
- Technology supporting town and a society
- Commercial and industrial sectors
- Challenge for the future society