Analysis technologies that support reassuring, safe and reliable gas servicesTo ensure our customers can utilize reassuring and safe city gas services, we make full use of the technologies accumulated over the years such as material failure analysis, corrosion protection technology and chemical analysis, in order to clarify causes and to propose answers against various technical challenges. We apply this approach to all aspects of the LNG value chain ranging from production to supply and gas-consuming equipment.
We have an extremely large number of facilities in our LNG value chain, and face a wide range of technical challenges. In many cases, facilities or equipment trouble cannot be resolved through a simple analysis, and we often have to catch up minute phenomena by precise analysis.
Tokyo Gas has built up the know-how about analysis and technologies over many years of experience, and established an organization that we can response precisely and swiftly to various technical challenges. Below, we introduce a few representative examples.
1. Material failure analysisThis technology estimates the causes of failure by inspecting samples’ fractured surfaces and cross sections, and analyzing adhered substances.
|Latest analysis technology being deployed
Example: Meticulous observation using scanning electron microscopes
|Even the most minute causes do not go overlooked
Example: Observation of microcracks via mirror polishing
2. Chemical analysisThis technology analyzes adhered and other substances with the aim of identifying substances that cause defects and other problems. We can select optimal pre-processing methods based on on-site conditions and sample qualities, and conducts analysis accordingly.
|Meticulous analysis in progress
Example: Extraction of analysis samples
|Identifying substances through various analysis equipment
Example: Identification of organic compounds through FT-IR spectroscopy
3. Technical supportWe contribute to improved reliability and cost reductions by providing thoroughly technical support including analysis and proposals for remedial measures tailored to on-site demands.
|Selection of appropriate materials based on operating environment
Example: Evaluation through long-term durability test
|Inspection of gas pipelines
Example: Monitoring effect of cathodic protection for underground gas pipelines
Going forward, we will continue to commit to careful and precise analysis while striving to prevent technical challenges, and thus make further efforts to contribute to reassuring and safe gas services for our customers.
- For the stable production of city gas
- Toward the safe and secure supply of energy
- Evaluation of large deformation performance for gas pipeline
- FLEX Liner Method for Dealing with Aged Pipes
- Underground pipe exploration equipment
- Temporary backfill "Eco-balls "
- The low-cost governor "REGIT Series"
- Gas recovery technology for replacing gas meters
- An Emergency Operations Support System – EAGLE 24
- Advanced safety technology (gas leakage, diffusion, and explosion)
- Gas analysis technology
- Analysis technologies that support reassuring, safe and reliable gas services
- Ultrahigh Density Real Time Earthquake Disaster Prevention System - SUPREME
- Earthquake Information Dissemination System - SONAR
- Emergency Communication Host System (ECHO)
- Technology supporting town and a society
- Commercial and industrial sectors
- Challenge for the future society