Advanced safety technology (gas leakage, diffusion, and explosion)As a city gas distribution company, it is essential that we have a comprehensive understanding of gas leakage, diffusion, and explosion phenomena. Through experiments and numerical simulations, Tokyo Gas is currently pursuing the latest research regarding these phenomena. In particular, we are focusing on improvements in technology in order to identify sources of gas leakage and estimate leaked
volumes, diffusion routes, concentration distribution, explosion
pressure and radiation intesity among others.
In prioritizing the safety of our customers, we are seeking to advance our safety technology on a daily basis, and accordingly strive to prevent accidents related to city gas. Additionally, we believe that in the unfortunate event of an accident, such an approach will allow us to identify the causes of the accident at an early stage and rapidly take measures to prevent recurrence. Based on this perspective, Tokyo Gas continually makes efforts to deepen its scientific knowledge of gas leakage, diffusion, and explosion phenomena.
We are conducting research to reproduce the leakage of city gas, diffusion and explosion phenomena in computer using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
CFD makes it possible to recreate various conditions which are difficult to reproduce experiments such as various leakage gas quantities, wind speeds, building shape and large-scale environments.
Our research makes it possible to obtain physical qualities such as temperatures and gas densities at arbitrary locations and times. Such knowledge contributes to our understanding of gas leakage, diffusion and explosion phenomena.
〔Indoor gas explosion simulation〕
By conducting a comparative study of the numerical simulations and experimental tests for the same conditions, we strive to improve the accuracy of our numerical simulations used to enhance safety.
〔Comparison of numerical simulations and tests for explosion container with fragile part〕
By incorporating the latest insights obtained from our research into the design and operation of gas appliances and facilities, we aim to provide further safety contributions and thus reassure our customers.
- For the stable production of city gas
- Toward the safe and secure supply of energy
- Evaluation of large deformation performance for gas pipeline
- FLEX Liner Method for Dealing with Aged Pipes
- Underground pipe exploration equipment
- Temporary backfill "Eco-balls "
- The low-cost governor "REGIT Series"
- Gas recovery technology for replacing gas meters
- An Emergency Operations Support System – EAGLE 24
- Advanced safety technology (gas leakage, diffusion, and explosion)
- Gas analysis technology
- Analysis technologies that support reassuring, safe and reliable gas services
- Ultrahigh Density Real Time Earthquake Disaster Prevention System - SUPREME
- Earthquake Information Dissemination System - SONAR
- Emergency Communication Host System (ECHO)
- Technology supporting town and a society
- Commercial and industrial sectors
- Challenge for the future society