Internal Controls System
Our company has built the following system for internal controls in order to assure the soundness and transparency of our management and to achieve our management philosophy.
Response to “Internal Controls Reporting System”
To comply with the “Internal Controls Reporting System” under the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, Tokyo Gas follows the internal controls basic framework presented in Financial Services Agency standards, arranges and administers internal controls related to financial reporting, assesses their status, and improves them as necessary. In the internal controls report for the previous consolidated fiscal year prepared following this system, which found our internal controls regarding financial reporting to be effective, the Auditors expressed the opinion that all the material points were represented appropriately.
Outline of Internal Controls Systems
- System to ensure that Directors perform their duties in conformance with laws, the Articles of Incorporation, etc.
- System to store and manage information regarding the performance of duties by Directors.
- System to ensure that the performance of duties by Directors is conducted efficiently.
- Regulations and other systems on managing the risk of loss.
- System to ensure that employees perform their duties in conformance with laws, the Articles of Incorporation and other rules.
- System to secure that business by the corporate Group including affiliated companies is appropriate.
- Items regarding employees assisting with the duties of the Auditors, and items regarding the independence of said employees from Directors.
- System for reporting by Directors and employees to the Auditors, system for other reporting to the Auditors, and system to ensure that the audits by the Auditors are conducted effectively.
Basic Policy on Development of Corporate Structures and Systems for Ensuring Appropriateness of Operations (Internal Control System) for Tokyo Gas Group [PDF: 240KB]