As of May 31, 2016
Number of gas customers :1 million
- Oct. 1885
- Tokyo Gas established.
- July 1893
- Following the enactment of the Commercial Code, name changed to Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd.
- Dec. 1913
- First cooking class held in Ushigome, Tokyo
- Nov. 1955
Head Office (ca. 1902)
Cooking class held in 1936
- Sep. 1962
- Caloric value in the Tokyo Head Office service area raised from 3600 kcal to 5000 kcal.
- May 1966
- Negishi LNG terminal went into operation.
- Dec. 1966
- Nov. 1969
- LNG imports from Alaska started.
POLAR ALASKA headed for Negishi LNG terminal
- June 1972
- Caloric value conversion to natural gas started.
- Jan. 1973
- LNG imports from Brunei started.
- Feb. 1973
- Sodegaura LNG terminal went into operation.
- Dec. 1974
- Jan. 1976
- High-pressure round pipeline from the Negishi terminal to the Sodegaura terminal went into operation.
- Dec. 1977
- High-pressure pipeline under Tokyo Bay went into operation.
Sodegaura LNG terminal
- Feb. 1983
- LNG imports from Malaysia started.
- Oct. 1985
- 100th Anniversary of establishment celebrated.
- Oct. 1988
- Caloric value conversion to natural gas completed.
- Mar. 1989
- Aug. 1989
- LNG imports from Australia started.
Heat change work conducted for over 17 years
- Jan. 1994
- LNG imports from Indonesia started.
- June 1995
- Jan. 1998
- Ohgishima LNG terminal went into operation.
- Dec. 1998
- LNG imports from Qatar started.
- Dec. 1999
- Keihin high-pressure land pipeline and Yokohama high-pressure land pipeline completed. (Negishi LNG terminal, Sodegaura LNG terminal and Ohgishima LNG terminal linked by high-pressure pipeline)
Construction of Keihin trunk line
- Jan. 2001
- New corporate slogan "Energy Frontier - Establishment of natural gas future" established.
- Feb. 2002
- Feb. 2005
- World's first commercial residential fuel cell co-generation systems launched.
- Feb. 2006
- Standard caloric value lowered from 46.04655 MJ/m3 to 45 MJ/m3
- July 2006
- Transferred Nagano business area (43,715 households) to Nagano Toshi Gas.
- Sep. 2007
- Apr. 2008
- Start-up of new regional energy service provider - "LIFEVAL."
- Apr. 2009
- LNG imports from the Sakhalin II Project started.
- Oct. 2009
- Completion of new regional energy service provider - "LIFEVAL."
- Oct. 2009
- Transferred Kofu business area (30,190 households) to Tokyo Gas Yamanashi.
Residential fuel cell co-generation systems
ENERGY NAVIGATOR transporting petroleum oil as part of the Sakhalin II project.
- Nov. 2011
- Formulated Challenge 2020 Vision.
- Mar. 2012
- Chiba-Kashima Line went into operation.
- Aug. 2013
- Mar. 2016
- Hitachi LNG Terminal and Ibaraki-Tochigi Line went into operation.
- Apr. 2016
- Sale of electricity to residential and small commercial customers commenced.
- May 2016
- Integrated Chiba Gas, Tsukuba Gakuen Gas and Miho Gas into Tokyo Gas.
Hitachi LNG Terminal