Basic Policy on CSR
The Tokyo Gas Group believes that the foundation of CSR lies in achieving its public mission and fulfilling its social responsibilities by conducting daily business activities in accordance with our Management Philosophy and Corporate Action Philosophy.
We are committed to being a corporate group that contributes to the sustainable development of society, and that continues to grow and be trusted by customers, shareholders, and society on a permanent basis as we meet the demands and expectations of society in Japan and abroad by steadfastly tackling the challenges faced by society though our business activities.
Promoting CSR and Implementing Our Management Philosophy and Corporate Action Philosophy
Tokyo Gas Group believes that promoting CSR is synonymous with implementing our Management Philosophy and Corporate Action Philosophy, and we are committed to serving the public, fulfilling our social responsibilities as an energy company, and contributing to society through our daily business activities. In March 2016 we signed up to the UN Global Compact* to give us a more global perspective on practicing CSR as a responsible member of the international community and to realize the Challenge 2020 Vision, and we will use this as a springboard for engaging in more advanced CSR management.
As a leading energy company with focus on natural gas business, the Tokyo Gas Group shall actively contribute to create a pleasant lifestyle and environmentally friendly society, maintain and enhance its trust from our customers, shareholders, and society.
Corporate Action Philosophy
- We will continue to grow while maintaining awareness of our company's public mission and social responsibilities.
- We will provide quality products and services, and always endeavor to improve customer satisfaction.
- We will hold ourselves to high ethical standards, and fairly and transparently conduct corporate activities while observing both the letter and the spirit of related laws and ordinances.
- We will contribute to alleviating global environmental problems as a leader in environmental management.
- We will remain keenly aware of our obligations to be a good corporate citizen and work towards the betterment of society by contributing to community activities.
- We will pursue continual innovation to promote a cost effective business approach that is both flexible and resilient.
- We will aspire to build organizations that are based upon the full exercise of and respect for the talents, desires, and creativity of each and every employee.
UN Global CompactThe UN Global Compact was launched by then UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan at the World Economic Forum in 1999, and officially inaugurated by the United Nations in New York in 2000. An international initiative designed to achieve "sound globalization" and "sustainable societies," and it calls on companies to implement their business strategies and activities in adherence to 10 principles in four fields (human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption).
Enhancement of LNG Value Chain Targeted by Challenge 2020 Vision
The CSR Management PDCA Cycle
We constantly monitor society's changing demands and expectations, identify key CSR activities and specific issues ("material aspects") in accordance with them and the direction of our business strategy, set CSR indicators, and pursue them in the course of our business.
We will contribute to the sustainable development of society by disclosing information on our progress toward achieving our targets and by gathering extensive feedback from our stakeholders for incorporation into our business activities.
- ✽In FY 2014, the Corporate Communications Promotion Committee reviewed the key activities to be implemented from FY 2015 in light of stakeholder opinion and "Main Policies FY 2015-2017." As a result, key activities were increased from 3 to 6 by adding three additional activities: "CSR to enhance management base." Material aspects corresponding to these activities were also identified.